Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Salinas River

Salinas River National Wildlife Refuge, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 1/100s, f/9, ISO: 100
I saw a river otter at this spot last month.  It's the only river otter I've ever seen in the wild.  He was floating in the river just off shore, maybe twenty feet away from me.  He disappeared under the water before I could take a picture.  Jerk.  I saw sea otters on that day as well, so that was kind of cool.

This picture is kind of funny to me.  Not "ha ha" funny, I just can't quite pin down whether I like it or not.  I thought it was kind of dull when I first processed it but kept it anyway.  Later it came up as my computer's wallpaper and I really liked it (that's how a lot of photos end up here on the blog).  It's gone back to dull for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment