Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Marble Canyon & Vermilion Cliffs

House Rock Valley, AZ
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm L USM, f/10, 1/200s, ISO: 100
There are things I'm sure about, things I'm not so sure about and things just don't know in this photo.  I don't know what the name of the mountain or hill or whatever it is we were on when I took this photo.  It's on a turnout on US Route 89.  That's US Route 89A in the lower left of the photo, I'm sure of that.  I think the valley is called House Rock Valley.  The canyon running through the valley is Marble Canyon, which eventually turns into the Grand Canyon.  The Colorado River is running through it.  Those are the Vermilion Cliffs behind the canyon, and I think behind the Vermilion Cliffs is the Kaibab Plateau.

This area is magical, a destination unto itself  I can't wait to go back.





No comments:

Post a Comment