Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Headland Cove

Headland Cove, Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i,  EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, 1/100s, f/8, ISO: 100
This is the shot that just keeps on giving.  I have a number of pictures from this exact location and I never tire of them.  The combination of the rocks, trees and water is unbeatable.  Sunset was close to 8:00 on this particular day and I shot this at around 5:00, so I wasn't getting a whole lot of help from the lighting.  A smidge, perhaps, it wasn't high noon after all, but not much.  My point isn't that I'm just that good--I'm getting better but I still have a long way to go-- it's that this particular location is just that good, especially in the afternoon.  You can't go wrong here as long as you remember to take your lens cap off.

It's an easy spot to find.  Park at or hike to Headland Cove then follow the trail to Sea Lion Rocks.  Follow the sound of barking sea lions if you can't read the signs.  About half way out there's a bench.  Stop there and look North.  Take pictures and amaze your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment