Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Climber on El Capitan

El Capitan, Yosemite National Park, CA
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Yesterday's "Where's Waldo" beaver photo reminded me of this picture I posted on Facebook a few years ago that my sister and a few others really enjoyed.  Jim and I were trying to spot climbers on El Capitan.  We did actually find a few with our naked eyes.  We couldn't find the climbers that way, but we could find their gear which is usually a little bigger than the climbers and often colorful.  I took this photo thinking that dark spot in the middle might be a climber.  It wasn't.  However, I did find a climber in this picture when I got home.  I'm not going to give any hints as to where he is.  You'll probably need to go full-screen mode to find him, but he's clear enough in the photo to make out the straps of his harness, so you'll know it when you see him.

For a sense of how this photo fits into El Capitan, I've grayed out the section of the cliff photographed above in this following picture of the cliff.

El Capitan, Yosemite National Park, CA
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS

No comments:

Post a Comment