Friday, February 12, 2016

Fuzzy Barn Owl

Barn Owl -- San Luis National Woldlife Refuge, CA
Canon PowrrShot SX40 HS
I've had exactly one opportunity to photograph a barn owl in the wild.  It happened two years ago just outside the San Luis Wildlife Refuge.  I took a lot of pictures, some of them were fairly crisp given the camera I was using.  The photos I'm showing here are not those.  These are a couple of the fuzzy shots I captured.  The picture above was actually well-focused as you can see by the sharpness of the post and wire fencing, the bird is blurry due to movement.  I generally wouldn't post a photo like this, but a conversation with a fellow photographer at work has me looking at this picture a bit differently.  His thought was that people get too caught up in the clarity of their shots.  He said something along the lines that we miss out on interesting photos just because they aren't sharp.

So, yeah, here I am getting over it.

Photo selection inspired by Geogypsy's Foto Friday Fun 149, image #7508.

Barn Owl -- San Luis National Wildlife Refuge, CA
 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS

No comments:

Post a Comment