Friday, March 18, 2016

Family Portrait

Stout Grove, Redwood National Park, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, f/4, 1/25s, ISO: 100
After a week of posting "easy" photos taken under a redwood canopy, here we have an example of a more difficult shot.  DXO has bailed me out a bit in post-processing, but the extreme difference between the light and dark sections are still evident.

This photo of my brother's family was shot a couple of years ago on a beautiful sunny day in the Stout Grove in Redwood National Park.  I joined my brother and his family for a couple of days of camping in Redwood National Park.  That was a fun trip.  There's a totally different vibe to the redwood groves in that park to what one experiences in Muir Woods.  I'm not going to try to explain that difference, at least not today.  Visit 'em both if you haven't experienced them, you won't regret it.

Photo selection inspired by Geogypsy's Foto Friday Fun 154, image #7429.

No comments:

Post a Comment