Saturday, March 12, 2016

Surfing Fort Point

Fort Point National Historic Site, San Francisco, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, f/4, 1/640s, ISO: 160
I went to a screening of The Great Highway last night at Fort Mason.  It's a film directed by my friend Mark, narrated by my friend Jim and co-authored by the two of them.  They are two of the guys I've been doing recordings with over the last fifteen years or so and we had a couple songs in the movie.  It's a documentary about the history of surfing in San Francisco.

What a thrill.  The theater was packed and vocal.  It was exciting to see that they had captured something of cultural significance that would have otherwise probably been lost forever.  Cool, too, to hear the voices of gratitude afterward from the people who lived it.

The shadows being cast in this photo are from the Golden Gate Bridge.  I was thrilled when this guy rode the wave up into the sun and then turned back around for a descent into the shadows.  This is one from a series of nice shots I got of this particular ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment