Sunday, February 15, 2015

Big Basin Redwoods

Big Basin Redwoods State Park, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, 1/8s, f/4, ISO: 800
I spent the afternoon at Big Basin today.  It was very crowded.  It's a big place, though, so although finding a parking spot took a while, once I was on a non-paved trail it wasn't too bad.  I never went more than a couple of minutes without seeing somebody, though.

It's a tough venue for taking pictures.  The redwoods lack the majesty of those in Humboldt County and Redwoods National Park up North nor do they share the intimacy of those in Muir Woods.  Still, while it might not be an amazing setting for taking pictures it works well for hiking and picnicking.  I was thinking about camping out here tonight but I wasn't quite feeling it so headed home instead.  I'll take Pongo out for a drive tomorrow, he'll like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment