Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Rainbow Canyon

Rainbow Canyon, Death Valley National Park, CA
Canon PowerShot SD770 IS, 1/125s, f/8, ISO: 80
I doubt that there are many rainbows in Death Valley.  There is, however, Rainbow Canyon, which gets its name from the color of its walls rather than a preponderance for actual rainbows.

If you're approaching Death Valley from the West, Rainbow Canyon is the first dramatic feature of the park that you will encounter.  It's an impressive start, but it's merely the appetizer.  Death Valley is chock full of wonder.  If I had to pick a single park as my favorite, I wouldn't hesitate to choose Death Valley.  Luckily I don't have to make that choice.  Every park I've visited is special in some way.

I took this with my little SD770.  I can't wait to get back there with my Rebel and wide angle USM lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment