Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Devil's Cauldron

Devil's Cauldron, Point Lobos State Natural Reserve. CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, f/7.1, 1/50s, ISO: 100
This might be the best shot I've ever taken of this particular area of Point Lobos.  I'm usually at the Point in the afternoon so I'm shooting into the light.  I think the dark skies helped me out here.

The inlet is called Sea Lion Cove, this area on general is known as the Devil's Cauldron.  The Oregon Coast has some of the devil's handiwork as well, including Devil's Punchbowl, Devil's Churn and Devil's Lake.  I guess he didn't spend as much time down here.

2 comments:

  1. And the Devil's Elbow near Florence! Nice shot. I only discovered Point Lobos in recent years. The conglomerates there are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, Devil's Elbow. I've never been there. That ol' Devil sure was busy in that area of the coastline.

      I had to look up conglomerates. :-) They ARE incredible there. I often wish I had you in my back pocket when I'm exploring places like this.

      Delete