Thursday, December 10, 2015

Red-tailed Hawk

Red-tailed Hawk -- Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, f/5.6, 1/1600s, ISO: 1250
I have my best luck with shooting hawks at Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge.  They sometimes like to hang out in the trees right along the auto tour route.  They're used to the cars there, I guess.  This was the first of two hawks I saw in the the trees there on Sunday before Thanksgiving.  I took so many pictures of this one I didn't even bother with the second red tail just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly looks like the same individual I photographed! http://geotripperbirds.blogspot.com/2015/12/juvenile-red-tailed-hawk-at-sacramento.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, very similar! I spent a while this morning comparing photographs and I couldn't convince myself one way or the other.

      Delete