Friday, December 18, 2015

Manzanar

Manzanar National Historic Site, CA
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
I'm not really sure what I was going for when I snapped this photo.  The mountains and the fire truck, I think.  I suspect I was after both of those.  The strangely-colored building and the scruffy foreground tree don't do much for the composition, though, do they?  Oh well.

What I like about this picture is that the fire truck IS kinda cool and the Sierras in the background do give a person an idea of why this particular internment camp was the one chosen to memorialize.  Kinda sad to think that even in 2015 this sort of camp probably doesn't seem unreasonable to a large number of US citizens, at least so it seems based on the recent debates.

Photo selection inspired by Geogypsy's Foto Friday Fun 142, image #1343.

No comments:

Post a Comment