Thursday, December 11, 2014

American Bison

American Bison -- Yellowstone National Park, WY
Canon PowerShot SD770 IS, 1/125s, f/4.9, ISO 300
I thought I'd start off this blog with a photograph that kicked off my interest in exploring and photographing the wilderness of the American West.  I took a two week road trip to Colorado and Wyoming a couple of years ago with my friend Jim.  I'd never been to a National Park before aside from driving down 101 a couple of times which runs through Redwood National Park.  I was amazed by the sights of the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone, and I found that really enjoyed trying to capture the essence of what I was seeing in photos.  I've since upgraded cameras a couple of times and I try to get out into the wilderness--or at least close to it-- as much as possible.  This blog will be focused on the animals I've seen on those outings.

We spent one day in Yellowstone driving around the South Loop.  We saw a few small herds of buffalo toward the end of the day.  This guy wasn't with a herd.  I got this shot from inside the car after we pulled over to the side of the road.  It's not a great picture, but it seems like the right way to kick off this little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment