Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

Grand Canyon of Yellowstone -- Yellowstone National Park, CA
Canon PowerShot SD770 IS, 1/250s, f/8.0, ISO: 80
I've been using this as the background for this blog, but it's never fully visible so I thought I'd post it as today's photo.  This is one of the pictures that got me into digital photography.

They say even cheap cameras are capable of nice photos and I think this picture bears that out.  It's one of my favorite shots and I got it with one of those little PowerShot cameras that easily fit into a pants' pocket.  Now, there's a reason people spend thousands of dollars on camera equipment, so there's a certain level of bullshit to the idea that  it's all about the person behind the camera rather than the camera itself, but yeah, cheap cameras can take very nice pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment