Friday, January 2, 2015

Elegant Tern

Elegant Tern -- Klamath River, Redwood National Park, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 1/1200s, f/5.6, ISO:200
This was a tough bird for me to identify.  I'm pretty sure based on the size, tail and slight curve of the beak that this is an elegant tern.  I wouldn't want to bet a lot of money on it, though.  I took this picture at the mouth of the Klamath River in late August while the salmon were running.  So much activity was going on that day.  People were fishing on both sides of the mouth of the river with poles and nets.  People were fishing in boats as well.  Birds were fishing.  Sea lions were fishing.  It was quite a spectacle, something I'm glad to have experienced.

Photo selection inspired by Geogypsy's Photo Friday Fun #92, photo #7035.

No comments:

Post a Comment