Thursday, January 29, 2015

One more cup of coffee 'til I go . . .

. . . to the valley below.


Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, 1/125s, f/8, ISO: 100
I made a trip to the Grand Canyon for Memorial Day weekend last year with my son, my dog and friend Jim.  It was a great trip.  My parents even joined us for an afternoon on their own road trip to New Orleans.  My dad had never seen the Grand Canyon before.  He said it was a really big hole in the ground.

This picture comes from our last morning at the canyon.  That's Jim taking a picture on the rock.  He and Sam had quite an adventure the day before hiking down into the canyon, but that's a story for another day.  This picture captures a reflective moment, that point in time when an adventure has come to its end and the adventurer turns for one last look before moving on to the next big thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment