Monday, May 18, 2015

Rain in Yosemite

Yosemite National Park, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 1/40s, f/5.6, ISO: 100
You can't actually see the rain coming down in this picture, but it was.  It was actually raining hard enough I couldn't get out of the car for more photos at this spot.  I took this yesterday on our way out of the valley.  It rained the entire time Pongo and I were there.  I don't mind the rain, in fact I enjoy being out in it especially given how rare it's become over the last few years here in California.  I have to worry about getting the camera too wet, though.  It's not water resistant (although the lens is).  In the past I've taken the SX40 or SX50 along on rainy days.  I've gotten those both so wet they stop functioning until they dry out.  I loaned those out, though.  The SX40 will never return (it was lost) and the SX50 will likely never return (hopefully it's found a home where it will be enjoyed and not abused the way I would use it) so that's not an option.  I need to get my little SD770 up and running again as a bad weather backup.





No comments:

Post a Comment