Sunday, January 3, 2016

Bridalveil Fall in Winter

Bridalveil Fall, Yosemite National Park, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, f/6.3, 1/40s, ISO: 100
If you ask me, winter is the best time of year to visit Yosemite.  It's tough to match the beauty of this place at any time of year, but winter has the valley at her peak of elegance.  The snow isn't so fresh in this photo, but it still has all of the elements I like about Yosemite's winter scene.  Snow.  Trees.  Cliffs.  Waterfalls.  Kids playing in brightly colored outfits.

It's interesting. I generally tend to grumble about the kids in the valley.  Look to past--and future, I'm sure--posts for that.  In winter here kids are in their element.  They're sledding and throwing snowballs and building snowmen.  I tend to like Yosemite's winter kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment