Saturday, January 16, 2016

Canvasback

Canvasback -- Arrowhead Marsh, Oakland, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, f/5.6, 1/1600s, ISO: 2500
I haven't been taking a lot of pictures of local wildlife lately.  I stopped by the shoreline on my way to work last week to rectify that.  Truthfully, it hasn't been a very good year for birds there from what I've seen.  There were a few canvasbacks hanging around.  They aren't exactly common there, but this isn't the first time I've seen them there either.  It's tough to get a good shot of a canvasback.  Not enough light and the head gets too dark but too much light and the body washes out.  There's a bit of wash out going on in this picture, but this is still one of the best shots I've taken of a canvasback.

No comments:

Post a Comment