Thursday, January 28, 2016

Duck Week: Cinnamon Teal

Cinnamon Teal -- Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II, ISO: 500, f/5.6. 1/2000s
Cinnamon teals are always fun to spot.  They're small ducks, bigger than ruddy ducks and buffleheads but not by a whole lot.  I've found that they are tough to shoot for whatever reason.  Maybe another way to say that is that I don't have very many good shots of cinnamon teals.

One of the things I find surprising is that they have the same blue color in their wings that a blue-winged teal does.  I guess it's not too surprising if you look only at the female ducks.  It's tough for me to tell a lady blue-winged from a lady cinnamon teal.  I just assume if she's hanging out with a cinnamon drake she's a cinnamon teal and vice versa.

Cinnamon Teal -- Merced National Wildlife Refuge, CA
Canon EOS Rebel T5i, EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II, ISO: 400, f/5.6, 1/2000s

No comments:

Post a Comment