Saturday, January 2, 2016

Half Dome


Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, CA
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Pongo and I are heading up to Yosemite.  If all goes well we'll be doing something we've never done before: spending the night in the valley.  I'll have my tent, but we'll most likely sleep in the car, assuming there's snow.  If I was going alone I'd be able to say I'm definitely camping overnight.  With Pongo along, I'll have to make sure he doesn't get too cold during the day.  We've done cold weather camping before, even as recently as a month ago at Lava Beds National Monument where overnight temperatures got into the high twenties.  The low tomorrow night is supposed to be thirty, so I know we can handle the cold.  I just have to keep him dry and somewhat warm during the day.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment